Saturday, November 16, 2013

Back to Work

After returning from the honeymoon, I started back to work on Monday.  My new role is an Artwork Planner on AmbiPur (similar to Febreze).  My commute takes about 1/2 hour by bus and train which isn't too bad.  If we had a car it would only take about 10 minutes to drive.  My office is located in a large tower with a mall at the base so there are a ton of food options.  Everyone I work with is really nice.  They've made sure I've had someone to go out to lunch with every day.  People here speak "Singlish" which is English with a bunch of other words added in so when people are chatting I will suddenly have no idea what they are taking about.  Meetings have been fine so far because people just speak English - it's more just for casual conversation that I get lost sometimes.  On Thursday there was a fire drill so I had to walk down 21 flights of stairs - thank goodness I wasn't wearing heels!

My dad made sure to get a picture of me in front of the office when we were meeting Jess a few weeks before I started - I felt like a kid getting their picture taken on the first day of school : )

No comments:

Post a Comment